Saturday, March 26, 2011

Introduction & Corset Scrapbook mini album

Hello everybody!
So here it is, my very own first blog post :)

I decided to start blogging after months and months of delay.
It was always on my “I will do it tomorrow” list. Well, seems that tomorrow definitely had come :)

The reason of starting this blog is to share my scrappy-crafty projects, as well as all the useful tips & tricks I learned over the years.
I’ve been into scrapbooking for a while now, mostly started as a hobby. When I got married and moved to another country, I brought all kind of stuff that were very precious to me, so I had to find the way to store them somewhere and being pushed in the back of the drawers was not it. 


So that is how it all started.

First came simple albums, then came embellishments and before I know it I was spending more time searching for colors and papers then I did for shoes J Some of my girl friends ‘unfriended’ me from shopping therapy as I was hitting the wrong stores :)
During the bla-bla coffees with my friends, I was showing my projects, which basically lead to some ‘custom orders’ and before you knew it, hobby turned into some serious 8 hrs/day work. Needless to say, I got hooked :)

By the time I’ve realized that this turned into full time job, I decided to give up my advertizing career after 10 years and dedicate my full attention to scrapbooking.
I recently opened my Etsy store and been doing a custom work for some local stores & individuals.

As much as I love living in Europe and wouldn’t move anywhere else, I have to say that this is probably the worst place to find scrapbooking supplies. We are talking, not even 1 store in entire country holds scrapbooking materials. Bookstores are loaded with all kind of stuff but hardly any of those can be used for this type of art. As easy as it is now to order everything online, waiting for goodies to arrive from US can take up to 10+ days and it is rather annoying.

So this is the part where tips & tricks come to play :)

Most of the embellishments you see on my projects {especially flowers} are hand made by me. I was lucky enough to get a lot of fabrics, materials and vintage goodies from my mother in law, who had a huge clothing production back in the ‘70’s. She is retired now with a basement loaded of garment ribbons, lace, some seriously amazing vintage buttons and kilometers of  fabrics :)

So that would be all for now regarding introduction. I will share some photos of my latest project called CORSET STYLE SCRAPBOOK MINI, as corseting is one of my all time favorites.

Wish you all a great weekend and stop by sometimes, I will be posting tutorials of  some great hand made flower’s technique that you can find handy.






No comments:

Post a Comment